Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 19, 2009

19 Weeks

After being out of town for an abbreviated spring break, baby and I are back with a 19 week update just before the 20-week mark. Our little bird is now the size of a large heirloom tomato weighing 8 1/2 ounces and measuring 6 inches from head to bottom. I added the inset picture for comparison since, in all our visiting fun, I did not think to pick up an heirloom tomato. This last week was especially exciting not only because we were able to spend time with family and friends, but also because I'm sure now that the occasional twitch I have been feeling is actually the baby! It is still weak and inconsistent, but what an incredible sensation! It will only get stronger from here and I'm looking forward to sharing this experience with Tim. 

1 comment:

  1. Are we going to compare the baby to non-eatable things? If not, Jeff and I get to keep making baby snack jokes.

    ReplyDelete